We are at the end of 2018. The average home today doesn’t leave a lot of space for a bathroom or shower. Many people struggle with this. Bathroom design ideas fitting the brief and space seem impossible. It can complicate the choices and options you face during the bathroom design process. As most of these spaces tend to be smaller. Often their respective renovations can be tricky as well. Even more so if you too are forced to work within the constraints of a small bathroom space.
The biggest challenge you face. Is choosing what to incorporate and what to leave out of your next bathroom re-modelling plan.
How do you choose the most important features? Choosing a bathroom design when faced with the challenge of a ‘smaller’ bathroom space can be difficult, but it is not impossible. There are bathroom design and re-modelling ideas that you can implement. While providing for a very functional and beautifully finished, but small bathroom space.
With all this in mind. Our team of bathroom designers at Design Time. Your Local Bathroom Design Experts have compiled a list of bathroom design ideas you can try out at home. All these bathroom design ideas are suitable for smaller bathroom spaces.
Our Top 10 of Bathroom Design Ideas for Small Bathroom Spaces
- Ditch the bathtub and stick to a shower. If you don’t have small children in the home. You may want to consider getting rid of the bathtub altogether and sticking to just a shower. A shower will always occupy less space. This leaves you more room to play around with other and different bathroom design ideas.
- Install a corner shower in a small bathroom is a good way to make them look bigger. True, you want the shower to be the central feature of your bathroom. But when you are working with a small bathroom. You may not always have that many options. Once the shower is in the corner. You can play around with different ideas to see which type, style and size look best.
- Invest in glass shower partitions. These glass partitions are a popular bathroom design idea, because they come with many advantages over solid partitions. One of which is creating the illusion of a ‘bigger’ space.
- Consider the use of half solid walls and half glass walls. So, you could build the upper half of your shower wall in glass. It will not look as spacious as a full glass enclosure but it will be stylish and ease congestion.
- Be smart about storage. You need a place to store towels, soap and other bathroom items and these can take up room. The good news is that as living spaces have become smaller designers have become more and more innovative about storage. You should look for storage ideas that are hidden away so that you have lots of open space in your bathroom.
- Make sure that you have proper lighting. There is nothing worse than a small and dark bathroom space. If your bathroom window doesn’t bring in much natural light. You can make it bigger or install an additional skylight where possible. All electric lighting should be installed in such a way that it provides extra light during the night periods when the bathroom is in use.
- Be careful with colour. Walk-in bathrooms are typically small spaces. So if you use lots of colours. You may end up creating an the illusion of ‘clutter’. Just the very thing that you are trying to avoid. You can use a few colours that blend in well together and bring out the important features in your bathroom.
- Be careful with bathroom design trends. While they may give you new bathroom design ideas that you can try out. They always change and what may be trendy today may be out of fashion in a few months to come. You should think about functionality above all else.
- Be smart with tiles. There are many different bathroom tiling design and trends available for you to choose from. If you choose a pattern that’s very busy you may end up creating a walk-in shower that feels even smaller than it actually is. Do your research online. You can find many tiling ideas for walk-in showers online.
- Think about who will be using the bathroom. You should make sure that your chosen bathroom design ideas is safe for everyone in the home. If you have an elderly person living with you. Make sure that your next bathroom design ideas incorporates for example. A set of rails that elderly people can hold onto when they are getting in and out of your shower.
Lastly, it is always best to use a professional for your bathroom design re-modelling idea’s installation. We have the necessary experience and expertise to make your dream walk-in shower become a reality in 2019. You can contact us via our website or by phone on 0115 981 89 81.
We also would like to take this opportunity to wish all our readers, clients, friends and family a very Happy New Year and hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas.